After zilverbullet (my last font for lycanthropes) here you are another special, this time is for... zombies! NB: Contains some alternatives to the UC (in the LC) and cyrillic set.
G1 Radia. A scaled down version of an originally larger fontstruction. Lots of details with smooth micro bullnose serifs, high contrast stroke lines, and decorative ball terminals.This is a clone
The ultra-low resolution of this grid may be difficult to grasp without cloning. Fontstruct’s logo has a nominal x-height of 3 bricks, by comparison.
The level of detail, control, and finesse possible in a given fonstruction depended mostly on resolution prior to the recent advent of stackable composites. Did you want it better? Make it bigger!
Brute force, now meet Elegance.
Instead of building individual glyphs hundreds of bricks tall, stackable composites allow us to design rich modular schemata hundreds of bricks deep. Using curved bricks at their largest scale, linear and curvilinear elements dynamically harmonize and oppose. As well, screen fonts can be effectively hinted (aside from notable lack of kerning controls) without sacrificing the integrity of joins and intersections. And the trapping possibilities, Oh the sweet sweet trapping possibilities...
Please, vote kindly and stay tuned for more :)This is a clone
elza: serif meets ball terminal... I found out the Germans actually have a word for this: 'Tropfenserife', which roughly translates as 'teardrop-serif'. Normally appearing at the end of strokes in letters such as a,c,f,g,j and r, I have tried to build this font around it, using it as its main design feature.
Apparently, it is quite easy to forget what gets a fontstruction going. Something about ultra condensed bla bla bla. The rest is just a matter of having a creative activity to occupy the mind. And if in the process you can help out a friend, all the better.
G1 Valora. Extreme serif titling caps. Maxing out 48 brick height for Serifcomp. Not enough room for lowercase. Not enough time for more characters.This is a clone
More of an experiment than an attempt at an amazing typeface, but I thought it'd be a fun entry nonetheless. Don't let the creation date fool you: I started this design in early 2014. There were many issues that had to be remedied before publishing, most notably the lack of characters and major discrepancies between the shapes of serifs (some were entirely triangular, others entirely curved). It's still heavily a work in progress. Suggestions are encouraged, especially for the Q and punctuation. Thanks and enjoy!This is a clone