Chcel som vytvoriť klasický font s rožšírením viacerých znakov tak, aby sa zachoval jeho vzhľad spojený so serifmi a preťahmi, ktoré obsahuje
Ahh sadly due to repeatedly running into a corrupted font when I save newly made changes to it, it eventually catched up with me and tested the limit of my patience.
I have had to painstakingly restore the font 5 times already since I started it.
So I stopped including new characters as well as making new changes to its existing character set. (At least for now)
Too bad because I wouldve loved to see this truly getting finalized.
So at this stage there are still a number of characters that remain in rough condition, and had yet to be further optimized.
The main A-Z alphabet luckily already was close to how I invisioned it, but especially the numerals, symbols and accents still have some rough edges.
Now, forgetting all that, I still think it is not a bad font at all. Everything is there for most common Western-European languages, somewhat still making this a usable font that I shouldn't be keeping in private!
I hope that despite my bad luck this time, y'all still like it.
About this Font:
The idea was to make a classic Didone style display serif that is meant for making clean headline text similar to those often seen in older magazines or newspapers. I set out trying to design a semi-bold & slight expanded looking letterform with thin hairline serifs and strokes. I choose a large grid scale for the extra freedom in custom shaping this provides.
Technique I used in this design:
This font in particular I have experimented with working within a "(asymmetrical-) Grid Scale ratio" ( 1,5:1 ), so, changing only the value for the Horizontal grid scale. (This distorts the grid aspect ratio, and is a great way to discover and experiment with getting new forms and shapes).
The 1,5 : 1 ratio was specifically choosen to keep maths simple, in order to rebuild certain required bricks that build specific slope angles , such as a 45° (which is no longer possible to make from the FS default brick set when using asymmetric scale ratios, unless making composites).
But what this also does is opening up a totally new approach to making shapes, and..becoming quite a surprisingly easy shortcut to get unusual shapes or make variations on these, even with as little as just the rotation of the bricks/selection. (thanks to the distorted aspect ratio) :-).
This is a must try for those who are into large grid designs, fake curves or interrested in experimenting around a little.
A serif font made of dots. Suggestions are welcome.
07/06/13-07/07/13 I went over the font and tidied it up. Adjusted spacing on letters like V and q, added or erased dots to letters such as a and f, made the tittles and such bigger, and refined letters like O and g. V1.2.0
10/01/13 More refining, more refining... Each time I come back, I see things that need improving. V1.3.0
12/19/13 My biggest update yet (literally). I've increased the circles' size from two to four units, making overshoots and much more possible. Every character has been reworked to fit the new size, and the font is now generally more condensed. V2.0
05/14/14 Tweaked many shapes with the nudge tool, and adjusted the 4 to have serifs and a lower crossbar. V2.1
05/17/14 Big edit today. A large portion of the lowercase, as well as some of the uppercase, has been narrowed to match the rest of the font.
05/21/14 M, N and accents updated a bit more.
09/27/18 Fixed the acute on ý (it was previously a grave).
After zilverbullet (my last font for lycanthropes) here you are another special, this time is for... zombies! NB: Contains some alternatives to the UC (in the LC) and cyrillic set.